Bring out the best in each and every student. Saint Xavier University’s (SXU) online Master of Arts in Curriculum and Instruction features an in-depth curriculum aligned with Common Core Standards. Teachers, corporate trainers and HR professionals will learn to use the latest tools and techniques to enhance your approach toward instruction, as well as to meet the strict expectations of new state standards.
The Master of Arts in Curriculum and Instruction from Saint Xavier University offers the most current tools and techniques regarding teaching theories and the most effective means of implementing them into a learning environment. You will gain critical skills in differentiated instruction, response to intervention and formative assessment.
No GMAT or GRE is required to begin the program!
SXU’s M.A. in Curriculum and Instruction program highlights include:
- Study basic tenets of instruction and major educational movements, as well as the diverse ways that people learn and how to monitor and measure their progress
- Apply instructional strategies into a variety of settings and how to modify them according to the needs of your organization as well as those of individual learners
Plus, there’s no teaching certificate required to enroll, no GMAT or GRE is required to begin the program and you can complete your degree in less than two years!
The online curriculum includes 11 courses of three credit hours each. In addition, a three credit hour, two-day residency of applied campus experience is required for a total of 33 credit hours. Courses include:
- Basic Principles of Curriculum and Instructional Methods
- Movements in Education
- Advanced Human Growth and Development
- Curriculum Integration of Educational Technology
Graduate Seminar, Integrating Curricular Theory into Practice
The two-day residency at SXU’s Chicago area campus is designed to help students integrate:
- Theories of curriculum and instruction
- Learning principles
- Growth and development
- Implementation of technology and research
- Application of assessment into the practice of developing and delivering an effective curriculum for K-12 classroom
- College and other educational arena
The residency will be held the third week of the course. Candidates will begin this course by developing a research-based curricular plan for an educational setting.
During their residency candidates will participate in a debate about current issues related to education and present their views in a reflective manner supported by scholarly works.
Discover Saint Xavier University
Saint Xavier University was founded in 1846 by the Sisters of Mercy. SXU’s offers an array of in-demand course offerings to prepare students for professional success. SXU is nationally recognized – in 2014, it was ranked as a top Midwest Regional University by U.S. News & World Report.
Saint Xavier University was awarded Regional Accreditation by the Higher Learning Commission, a Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA).
Be the difference in a student’s life. For more information about the Master of Arts in Curriculum and Instruction, click here or call 866-319-8955 to speak with a program manager.